How do I make my scanned PDF searchable (OCR)?
You can use Adobe Acrobat DC or Adobe Acrobat Professional 2017 to run OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on your PDFs in order to make them accessible and searchable.
Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Professional 2017 are different from Adobe Acrobat Reader. Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Professional 2017 allow you to edit and manipulate PDF documents.
-Adobe Acrobat DC is available on College owned PCs by opening a ticket with the IT Service Desk.
-You may also purchase a copy of Adobe Acrobat Professional 2017 for your personal PC or Mac through OnTheHub.
If you need assistance with downloading and installing Adobe Acrobat DC from the Software Center or with purchasing Adobe Acrobat Professional 2017 through OnTheHub, contact the Help Desk at x5151 opt. 1.
Can I place something I own on reserve for my course?
Yes! Just fill out the Request to Add Books/Media form and bring it to the Circulation Desk in Drake Library.
If we do not:
- Fill out the Scanning Request form
- After submitting the request you will see a message with a 6-digit transaction number.
- Note this transaction number on the physical item (a Post-It is fine) and
- Bring a hard copy over to the Drake Memorial Library Interlibrary Loan office (rm. 119)
- We will email you an accessible PDF that you can then upload to your Blackboard course.
- Your item will be available at the Library's Circulation Desk upon completion of scanning.