The research and instruction librarians partner with campus colleagues and programs to integrate information literacy into the curriculum. We lead the charge of the library’s information literacy program to enable students to independently research, critically evaluate, and use information in their academic and personal pursuits. We reach students at three main touchpoints:
Torches: Library Basics
Light bulbs: Research Basics
Spotlights: Research in the Disciplines
Information for Professors
- We can provide instruction via synchronous or asynchronous modes.
- Professors that bring their classes in for support find that students use better sources in their assignments, making grading easier.
- Library instruction works best when students have a purpose for using the library’s resources.
- Please include an assignment or you can schedule by using our instruction request form, or by emailing a librarian directly to discuss your assignment.
- Our student learning goals are developed from the Association of Colleges and Research Libraries Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education