Welcome! You are looking at the best library resources for KSSPE research. If you need to research in a different discipline, please look through this list of our other Research Guides.
Search a database for specific articles.
- SPORTDiscus with Full Text This link opens in a new windowComprehensive source of full text for sports & sports medicine journals. Not every journal has full text access.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowA full text database containing nearly 5,100 journals, this scholarly collection offers information in nearly every area of academic study. Provided by SUNYConnect.
- ScienceDirect This link opens in a new windowCompletely full-text database with good coverage of physical education, exercise science, and related topics.
- Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowSimiliar to Academic Search Complete but has full-text articles that are not available elsewhere.
- Statista This link opens in a new windowStatista.com provides companies, business customers, research institutions, and the academic community with direct access to quantitative data on media, business, finance, politics, and a wide variety of other areas of interest or markets.
- CINAHL Complete This link opens in a new windowCommonly used by nurses but has good sports medicine and injury articles.
- MEDLINE with Full Text This link opens in a new windowCommonly used by doctors and other medical professionals but has much related to sports medicine and injuries.
- PubMed This link opens in a new windowPubMed comprises more than 25 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
- Journal AbbreviationsUse this link when you only have the abbreviation to the title, such as what you often get in Medline or in a list of references at the end of an article.
- Business Source CompleteUse to find information about running a business, starting a (dance) company, etc.
- Business Research GuideUse the business research guide for more business information.
- Education Source This link opens in a new windowOur largest education database. Contains content relevant to theory and practice.
For additional help with education research please visit the Education resources page.
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowLargest database for psychology articles including sports psychology.
Search in every database through our Library Search.
- Google ScholarUse this link to search Google Scholar AND have the results available in full-text, as a Brockport student, faculty or staff member.
Find items (books, DVDs, curriculum) in the library
Search the Drake Library Catalog:
Here are some general places to start if you want to browse for a topic in the stacks. For more specifics, please use the library catalog to find exact call numbers:
GV Recreation. Leisure
GV 201- 555 Physical education and training
GV 557-1198 Sports
QP 1-345 Physiology / Kinesiology
RA 773-788 Personal health/Exercise
RC 1200-1245 Sports medicine
RM 695-894 Physical medicine & therapy
Last Updated: May 23, 2023 4:16 PM