Welcome to the Research Guide for Education! I've tried to arrange this guide according to the types of library resources you'll need for your assignments. Here's a summary of each page:
- Find Articles & Journals - This page contains links to databases and full text journals online.
- Find Books - This page will help you find
- Juvenile Resources - Lesson Planning Resources
- Graduate Research Tips & Tricks - Everything graduate students should know
- Get Help - How to get help with research and citations.
There are steps to doing research:
Learn about your topic.
- Find a reference book, look at websites, gather information.
- Evaluate the information you read to make sure it's written by scholars.
Find Resources for your assignment.
- Books can help give a general overview.
- Articles give specific accounts or supporting examples.
- Websites should only be used if your assignment needs you to reference a company's website or a specific product.
Evaluate the information you've found.
- Do you have enough to do the assignment?
- Do you have enough scholarly resources?
- What help do you need?
Contact a librarian for help.
- Look at the Help tab.
Write your paper.
Librarian for this guide:
Drake Library, Room 119
585.851.8555 -cell phone