- Education Source This link opens in a new windowOur largest education database. Contains content relevant to theory and practice.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowA strong general database, covering numerous academic topics
- Art Abstracts This link opens in a new windowAbstracts for articles and art reproductions in periodicals since 1985. Covers all aspects of art, including archaeology. The print version of Art Index for years 1929-2011 is on the ground floor of Drake Library with other print journals.
- CINAHL Complete This link opens in a new windowA "nursing database" but will work for topics like music, dance or art therapy.
- MEDLINE with Full Text This link opens in a new windowMajor database used by doctors but may contain articles about different types of therapies.
- SPORTDiscus with Full Text This link opens in a new windowAnother good database to try for topics like dance movement, art, music, or theatre therapy.
Museum Children's Programming
- Strong Museum of PlayAll educational experiences provided by the museum are informed by the Reggio Emilia approach and the Theory of Multiple Intelligences. Learn more about The Strong’s educational philosophy.
- Long Island Children's MuseumOur robust programming includes a 140-seat theater for live performances, model programs developed to meet the needs of our community and signature workshops designed specifically for children in their most formative years
Virtual Field Trips
- Article: Virtual Field Trips: An Online Learning Experience"During a virtual field trip students can be guided through museums, historical documents, national monuments and agencies or organizations specific to the course content.:"
American Dance Therapy Association was founded in 1966 as an organization to support the profession of dance/movement therapy
The National Association for Poetry Therapy, Inc. (NAPT) is an international and interdisciplinary nonprofit organization promoting growth and healing through written language, symbol and story
The American Art Therapy Association (AATA) brings together professionals dedicated to the belief that making art is healing and life enhancing
The British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT) is a dynamic organization and art therapy is a growing profession.
The mission of the American Music Therapy Association is to advance public awareness of the benefits of music therapy and increase access to quality music therapy services in a rapidly changing world.
The National Coalition of Creative Arts Therapies Associations, Inc. is an alliance of membership associations dedicated to the advancement of the creative arts therapies professions.
The North American Drama Therapy Association (NADTA) upholds high standards of professional competence and ethics among drama therapists.
The National Art Education Foundation (NAEF) invests in innovative initiatives to support instructional practice, research, and leadership in visual arts education.