This guide is designed to break down the research process for your ENG 112 research paper. Please use the tabs on the left in the order in which they are listed to do your research from choosing your topic all the way through to citing your sources in MLA style.
As a reminder, successful completion of this course or equivalent is required for graduation from SUNY Brockport. The course is helping you to:
- Produce coherent texts within common college-level written forms.
- Demonstrate the ability to revise and improve such texts.
- Research a topic, develop an argument, and organize supporting details.
The library sessions are helping you to:
- Understand and use basic research techniques.
- Locate, evaluate, and synthesize information from a variety of sources.