This guide is meant to be used page by page to learn about Zotero. Start on this page, and then work your way through each of the tabs to learn more about Zotero.
Zotero Quick Start
- Install Zotero (and browser connectors) from zotero.org/download.
- As you research, save sources by clicking on the Save to Zotero icon (looks like a book, sheet of paper, webcam, etc. depending on the source type) in your browser's toolbar or URL bar.
- Organize your sources in Zotero with collections or tags. Edit source information as needed. Take notes if you like.
- Create citations and bibliographies by selecting items, right-clicking, and choosing Create bibliography from items. If you are using a word processor, you may prefer the Microsoft Word (or LibreOffice) Plugin.
- Optionally sync your Zotero library in the cloud by creating a free online Zotero account at zotero.org.
This Zotero playlist will walk you through using Zotero to organize your sources, create a references list, and then use Zotero with Microsoft Word.
If you prefer, this Google Slides deck will walk you through the essentials:
Last Updated: Feb 20, 2023 12:18 PM