Search a specific database for articles.
- CINAHL Complete This link opens in a new windowThis is the definitive research database for nursing and allied health professionals. This is an upgrade from CINAHL Plus with Full Text. I
- PubMed This link opens in a new windowPubMed comprises more than 25 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
- MEDLINE with Full Text This link opens in a new windowMajor database for research in medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine and much more. Includes content from the free online database PubMed.
- Health Reference Center Academic This link opens in a new windowFull-text materials and references to patient and consumer health information.
- Health Source: Nursing / Academic Edition This link opens in a new windowCovers nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines, as well as the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide.
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowThe most comprehensive database for psychology and related disciplines. Includes content from PyscARTICLES and PsycCRITIQUES. Contains nearly 2.3 million citations and summaries of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations. Journal coverage includes international material selected from more than 2,200 periodicals in more than 25 languages. 1887- current.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection This link opens in a new windowLargest full text database covering topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods.
- Education Source This link opens in a new windowOur largest education database. Contains content relevant to theory and practice.
- ERIC This link opens in a new windowContains journal articles (EJ) and other materials (ED) covering education theory and practice. Full-text is not always available. Provided by SUNYConnect.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowA full text database containing nearly 5,100 journals, this scholarly collection offers information in nearly every area of academic study. Provided by SUNYConnect.
- Public Library of Science (PLoS) This link opens in a new windowOpen Access (free) journals mainly in the life and health sciences.
- ScienceDirect This link opens in a new windowOffers full text access to over 200 peer-reviewed journals covering scientific, medical, and technical information. Includes arts & humanities, and social sciences.
Search our library catalog for books and videos:
The following databases will search eBooks:
- Ebook Central This link opens in a new windowA collection of approximately 30,000 e-books in disciplines, including science, technology, medicine, and life sciences, with over 80,000 Spanish e-books from the elibro Premium collection. Link to a quick guide and a training video from the Ebook Central home page. For access to EBookCentral on mobile devices, download the BlueFire reader for iOS and Android. Users will need to create a free Adobe ID and log into to BlueFire before downloading any e-book content. For laptops, use Adobe Digital Editions.
- WHO: World Health OrganizationMajor resource for stats and reports on diseases and health issues across the world.
- NYS Department of HealthOur state public health office
- Monroe County: Public HealthPublic health data and initiatives in Monroe County, NY (including the City of Rochester)
- Monroe County Public Health: Statistics & ReportsPublic health data, statistics, and reports for Monroe County, NY (including the City of Rochester)
- UNICEF StatisticsCovers many aspects of education and healthcare.
- Centers for Disease ControlGreat starting point for information and stats on diseases and health conditions.
- WorldBank Data CatalogA listing of the many resources now available free online. Includes development, education and gender indicators and much more.
- State of New York Open Data: HealthThis portal contains many different data that are collected within NY state.
- Education (Theory) ResourcesSee this guide for more detailed information related to educational research
- Curriculum Resources GuideSearch our P-12 collection of resources.
- NYS School Health ResourcesNYS Standards
Last Updated: May 2, 2023 1:39 PM