If you are looking to link to a specific ebook, article, streaming video, or other library item in Blackboard or email for your students, the easiest thing to try is obtaining the permalink from Primo.
- Open the Drake Memorial Library homepage.
- Search for the item you would like your students to review.
- Open the detailed record from the results list by clicking on the title.
- In the detailed record, click where it says "permalink" to populate the URL.
- Copy the entire permalink URL from the detailed record to paste into Blackboard or email.
- In Blackboard, under content, click on "build content" and choose to create a web link.
- Name the item, paste the permalink into the URL box, and click "submit." Remember to instruct students that they may be prompted to log in to view the item.
- If you have trouble with this, please use Ask a Librarian.
For audio visual directions, please watch the video below.
If you would prefer to use the permalink directly from a specific database provider, please follow the instructions for how to do so on the Unique Database Links page.