Welcome! You are looking at the best library resources for Philosophy. If you need to research a different discipline, please take a look at some of our other Research Guides to get an idea of what is available.
Search a specific database for articles.
- Philosopher's IndexProduced by the Philosopher’s Information Center, this current and comprehensive bibliographic database covers scholarly research in all major fields of philosophy. It covers all fields of philosophy and related disciplines and features research published since 1940.
- Religion & Philosophy Collection This link opens in a new windowFull text article database for religion and philosophy. Not as comprehensive as Philosopher's Index.
- Humanities Source This link opens in a new windowFull-text scholarly articles in a very broad range of Humanities disciplines.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowA full text database containing nearly 5,100 journals, this scholarly collection offers information in nearly every area of academic study. Provided by SUNYConnect.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowFull-text archive of scholarly publications in the humanities mathematics, science, and the social sciences. Dates vary but are all at least 3 years old.
Relevant Resources for Philosophy
- PhilPapersPhilPapers is a comprehensive index and bibliography of philosophy maintained by academic philosophers.
- Philosopher's ImprintPhilosopher's Imprint is an open access refereed series of original papers hosted at the University of Michigan.
- Project VoxProject Vox seeks to highlight philosophical works from marginalized individuals traditionally excluded from the philosophical canon. Created by Duke University.
Selected Philosophy Journals
- Ancient PhilosophyPhysical copies of this journal can be found on the ground floor of the library, or an article scan can be requested via Interlibrary Loan.
Last Updated: May 16, 2023 10:45 AM