Search a specific database for articles.
- GenderWatch This link opens in a new windowFull-text database of unique and diverse publications that focus on how gender impacts a broad spectrum of subject areas. Coverage is from 1970-present.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowFull-text archive of scholarly publications in the humanities mathematics, science, and the social sciences. Dates vary but are all at least 3 years old.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowA full text database containing nearly 5,100 journals, this scholarly collection offers information in nearly every area of academic study. Provided by SUNYConnect.
- LGBTQ+ Rights This link opens in a new windowHeinOnline's LGBTQ+ Rights database charts the gay rights movement in America, showing the civil rights codified into law in the 20th and 21st centuries, as well as the inequalities that still exist today.
- Social Sciences Full Text This link opens in a new windowProvides access to a wide assortment of the most important English-language social science journals.
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowThe most comprehensive database for psychology and related disciplines. Includes content from PyscARTICLES and PsycCRITIQUES. Contains nearly 2.3 million citations and summaries of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations. Journal coverage includes international material selected from more than 2,200 periodicals in more than 25 languages. 1887- current.
- Newspaper Source Plus This link opens in a new windowIncludes 1570 full-text newspapers from around the world and more than 583,100 television and radio news transcripts, videos & podcasts.
Search our library collection:
Relevant Resources for Women and Gender Studies
- Discovering American Women's History OnlineDigitized collection of primary sources (photos, letters, diaries, artifacts, etc.) that document the history of women in the United States.
- Women's Studies LinksAnnotated collection of women's studies and women's issues links
- WSS LinksComprehensive collection of links, created by the American Library Association
- Statistical Abstract of the United StatesWide ranging coverage of U.S. related stats, helpful links to other sites, and goes back to 1878!
- The World's Women: 2010From the United Nations: The current issue highlights the differences in the status of women and men in eight areas – population and families, health, education, work, power and decision-making, violence against women, environment and poverty. Analyses are based mainly on statistics from international and national statistical sources.
Last Updated: May 2, 2023 1:39 PM