Welcome! You are looking at the best library resources for Chemistry. If you need to research a different discipline, please take a look at some of our other Research Guides to get an idea of what is available.
Search a specific database for articles
- ACS Journals This link opens in a new windowGreat for peer-reviewed research journals in chemistry and related sciences. The ACS All Publications Package provides access to all of ACS’s journals—including flagship titles Journal of the American Chemical Society and Chemical Reviews—and essential objective science news via C&EN Global Enterprise.
- ScienceDirect This link opens in a new windowOffers full text access to over 200 peer-reviewed journals covering scientific, medical, and technical information. Includes arts & humanities, and social sciences.
- SciFinder-n This link opens in a new windowPopular chemistry database. You must register before using this site. Click "more" for login instructions.
- BioOne This link opens in a new windowContains over 200 full-text research journals in the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences.
- Public Library of Science (PLoS) This link opens in a new windowOpen Access (free) journals mainly in the life and health sciences.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowA full text database containing nearly 5,100 journals, this scholarly collection offers information in nearly every area of academic study. Provided by SUNYConnect.
Relevant Resources for Chemistry
- BRENDADeveloped and maintained at the Institute of Biochemistry at the University of Cologne, BRENDA is a database of enzyme functional data for approximately 3,500 enzymes.
- NIST Chemistry WebBookProvides chemical and physical property data on over 40000 compounds.
- American Chemical SocietyWebsite for the ACS which includes educational resources, career information, and publications.
- A Notebook for Topics in Thermodynamics of Solutions and Liquid Mixturesfrom the University of Leicester Department of Chemistry
- Spectral Database for Organic Compounds SDBSFree site organized by the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
- International Chemical Safety Cardsfrom the U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- Chemical and Materials Safety Sheetsfrom the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
Last Updated: May 16, 2023 10:45 AM