Welcome! You are looking at the best library resources for you library assignment in BLS300. The tabs below have listed recommended databases for each of your four general areas of study.
You are also welcome to look at a specific guide for each major on campus (e.g. Biology or Philosophy) by going to this list of our other Research Guides.
Search a database for specific articles.
- Business Source CompleteUse to find information about running a business, starting a (dance) company, etc.
- Education Source This link opens in a new windowOur largest education database. Contains content relevant to theory and practice.
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowThe most comprehensive database for psychology and related disciplines. Includes content from PyscARTICLES and PsycCRITIQUES. Contains nearly 2.3 million citations and summaries of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations. Journal coverage includes international material selected from more than 2,200 periodicals in more than 25 languages. 1887- current.
- Humanities Source This link opens in a new windowFull-text scholarly articles in a very broad range of Humanities disciplines.
- Religion & Philosophy Collection This link opens in a new windowFull text article database for religion and philosophy. Not as comprehensive as Philosopher's Index.
- ScienceDirect This link opens in a new windowOffers full text access to over 200 peer-reviewed journals covering scientific, medical, and technical information. Includes arts & humanities, and social sciences.
- Environment Complete This link opens in a new windowOffers deep coverage in areas of agriculture, ecology, energy, geography, public policy, urban planning and law. Coverage 1940s - Present. Provided by SUNYConnect.
- GreenFILE This link opens in a new windowIndexes scholarly and general interest titles, government documents and reports on the effects humans have on the environment.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowFull-text archive of scholarly publications in the humanities mathematics, science, and the social sciences. Dates vary but are all at least 3 years old.
Last Updated: Sep 16, 2021 1:34 PM