Welcome! You are looking at the best library resources for archaeology research.
Use the databases listed below to find refereed articles for archaeology and related topics.
If you are unfamiliar with what a scholarly or "refereed" journal article is, please use the link on the left to learn more. You will also find an example of a JSTOR Search, definitions and examples of refereed articles, and additional searching and citation help.
Search a specific database for articles.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowFull-text archive of scholarly publications in the humanities mathematics, science, and the social sciences. Dates vary but are all at least 3 years old.
- ScienceDirect This link opens in a new windowHas the full-text for two major archaeology journals: Journal of Anthropological Archaeology Journal of Archaeological Science
- Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowSimilar to Academic Search Complete, but includes the full-text to some archaeology journals that are not available elsewhere.It comes from a different company than many of the "Ebsco" databases you might be used to.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full text database which covers areas related to archaeology as well as anthropology.You can search this one and Humanities Source (below) together.
- Humanities Source This link opens in a new windowFull-text scholarly articles including archaeology, classical studies, and folklore subjects.
Search in every database through our Library Search.
- WorldCat Discovery This link opens in a new windowWorldCat Discovery helps people navigate their research journeys to find and get physical resources from libraries worldwide.
Search for books and ebooks in Drake Library
This search will limit results to books, eBooks, online streaming and audio and films, DVDs, and CDs at Drake Library:
Books in Drake Library
- Archaeology at the MilenniumCall Number: CC165 .A63 2001
- The Evolution of Mind byCall Number: eBookISBN: 9781593856625Publication Date: 2016-01-26
Last Updated: Feb 15, 2023 3:38 PM