Search a specific database
Find peer-reviewed articles in our collection using this box:
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowA full text database containing nearly 5,100 journals, this scholarly collection offers information in nearly every area of academic study. Provided by SUNYConnect.
- Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowAnother large database that works well.
- CQ Researcher This link opens in a new windowContains reports on public policy issues, with pro/con commentary and chronologies. Includes background information and lists of relevant books and articles.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowFull-text archive of scholarly publications in the humanities mathematics, science, and the social sciences. Dates vary but are all at least 3 years old.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center This link opens in a new windowProvides primary documentation, statistical information, and viewpoint articles for controversial issues. Great for opinion papers.
- Social Sciences Full Text This link opens in a new windowProvides access to a wide assortment of the most important English-language social science journals.
- CINAHL Complete This link opens in a new windowThis is the definitive research database for nursing and allied health professionals. This is an upgrade from CINAHL Plus with Full Text. I
- MEDLINE with Full Text This link opens in a new windowMajor database for research in medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine and much more. Includes content from the free online database PubMed.
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowOur largest psychology database
- Business Research GuideUse the business research guide for more business information.
- Business Source Complete This link opens in a new windowArticles on business, management, economics, finance, accounting, international business, and more. Provided by SUNYConnect.
- Business Insights This link opens in a new windowProvides mostly full-text company information, including articles, earnings, investments, reports, rankings and market share.
- HeinOnline This link opens in a new windowAccess to the Social Justice Suite including: LGBTQ+ Rights, Slavery in American and the World: History, Culture, and Law, Gun Regulation and Legislation in America, Civil Rights and Social Justice, and Open Society Justice Initiative.
- Congress.govCongress.gov is the official website for U.S. federal legislative information. The site provides access to accurate, timely, and complete legislative information for Members of Congress, legislative agencies, and the public.
- Excelsior OWL (Online Writing Lab) This online writing lab contains many helpful videos and examples of references.
- Encyclopedia of Public Administration and Public PolicyOnline encyclopedia, regularly updated.
- International Encyclopedia of the Social SciencesClassic set, entries on many topic relevant to public administration, abortion to internet to nonprofit etc.
- NY State Research GuideOur guide to NY state gov't information resources.
- Wests Encyclopedia of American LawExcellent coverage of law, legal issues, court cases of note...
- US Government Research GuideOur guide to the US gov't & its many information resources.
From our catalog
- The Public Administration Theory Primer byCall Number: eBookISBN: 9780813345772Publication Date: 2011
- Introduction to Public Policy byCall Number: H97 .W48 2011 MetroCenter Library (Rochester)ISBN: 9780393926651Publication Date: 2010
- Nonprofit Management byCall Number: HD62.6 .W675 2009 Books (Top Floor)ISBN: 9781412937788Publication Date: 2008
Last Updated: May 16, 2023 10:45 AM