Find Articles in a Database—Practice
Let's find articles using one of our library's databases (collections of articles).
- Visit the Public Health & Health Education Research Guide [opens in new tab].
- Then, select MEDLINE with Full Text.
- Finally, explore MEDLINE with Full Text for a few minutes.
Now, watch the video About Databases for Intro to Public Health to see how MEDLINE with Full Text can help you. You'll learn:
- how to use it to find scholarly journal articles
- how to download an article to print or read later
- how to get help if you get stuck when searching
- how to boost your searching power by linking MEDLINE with Full Text with another database, PsycINFO
Stop and Think
Will you use MEDLINE with Full Text for this class?
Did you know you can copy the citation for any article you find in the databases. To get the APA citation for an article, try this:First, select Cite.
Then, copy the citation in the style you need.
Now, take a close look for errors. Usually, you will see typos and errors in capitalization and punctuation, and more. Finally, you can paste it into the references list for your paper, or anywhere else.