What is a good research question?
- The research question is the most critical piece in developing a research project.
- It is the foundation on which everything lies.
- Therefore it is critical that time is spent developing a CLEAR and PRECISE question.
- Stating a question in this way clarifies sets the direction and goal for the entire research process.
- It should address a question that has relevance and significance in your field of study.
Writing a Research Question
- Where do I get a question?
1. Look around you. If you see it as a problem to be researched, others may also see it that way.
2. Be curious. Ask why?
3. Find something for which you are passionate and committed.
4. Investigate the literature. Most studies indicate the direction for future research.
- How do I refine a research question?
Last Updated: Oct 29, 2022 3:55 PM