When should I cite?
If an idea wasn't yours, you should cite it in-text. This includes:
- Direct quotations
- Paraphrasing (putting someone else's ideas into your own words)
- Using an idea that someone else gave you in a conversation, email, class, etc.
- Describing an idea that influenced your work
- Expert opinion or lending authority to your own opinion
- Giving any information that isn't common knowledge
- Using any or all of a previously created work of your own design (yes: self-plagiarism is a real thing)
Annotated Bibliography How-to
Last Updated: Mar 11, 2021 12:24 PM