Advanced Search Reminders
- Use AND to combine different keywords.
- For example, minorities AND coaching
- Use OR to combine synonyms or related terms
- race OR ethnicity OR minorit*
- To look for a phrase use “quotation marks” around your terms:
- “human resource management” will find those words next to each other, instead of anywhere on the page.
- To look for variations of a word, or to look for the singular and plural, use the
- Minor* will find minority or minorities, but it will also find anything about minor or minors.
- Use Parentheses: separate synonyms from others.
- (race OR ethnicity) and coaching
Did you know?
Did you know that you can search multiple EBSCO databases at the same time?
To do this, click on "Choose Databases" link above the search boxes. The database in which you are seaching will already be checked (eg. Academic Search Complete).
Using the check boxes, select:
- Humanities Source
Once you've selected all the databases you would like to search, scroll down the screen and click OK.
At this point your screen will refresh and the name of your original database will be followed by "Show all." You are now searching multiple databases at once.