Before asking your question, please be sure you can check all of the following boxes.
While the librarians may expect that you have spent some time trying to do research on your own before you approach them with a question, you should never spend more than 15 minutes on your research with no useable results.
Guidelines for Use
- Use this chat service to ask questions about research, library resources, and library policies that can be answered in brief chat responses.
- To ask questions requiring lengthy, detailed, or immediate responses, please use one of the other options listed on our Ask a Librarian page.
- Reference staff may ask users with questions too complex for chat may ask to proceed by email or telephone call.
- Library patrons who visit the Reference Desk in person take precedence over patrons using chat.
- Remember that staff members at public service desks answer chat questions, occasionally resulting in delayed responses. Staff make every effort to alert users of a possible delay.
- Harassment and misconduct of any type will not be tolerated. Common courtesies are expected and appreciated.
Finding Books during COVID19
During the COVID-19 pandemic, physical items are not available. If you need to find a book, try the following options:
- You can limit your search in the library catalog by searching and choosing:
- Available online under "Availability"
- Books under "Material Type"
- If it is a textbook, you can search VitalSource by following directions at https://brockport.libanswers.com/online2020/faq/290777
- If you only need a book chapter, you can follow directions at https://brockport.libanswers.com/online2020/faq/293806
I need to find the full text of an item.