Nursing & Health Specific Databases
These databases contain the most scholarly and relevant information for your topic.
Did you know?
Did you know that you can search multiple EBSCO databases at the same time?
To do this, choose the drop down menu. The database in which you are seaching will already be checked (eg. Academic Search Complete).
Using the check boxes, select:
Once you've selected the databases, scroll down the screen to look at the specific limiters for each database.
Click Submit and your screen will refresh. You are now searching several databases at once.
Other health-related databases
General databases (not subject-specific)
My EBSCOhost is a feature of EBSCO databases that allows you to save your searches and articles for future access. To sign up for this feature, click "Sign In to MY EBSCOhost", at the top right of the screen from any page within an EBSCOhost database.
Advanced Search Reminders
- Use AND to combine different keywords.
- For example, minorities AND coaching
- Use OR to combine synonyms or related terms
- race OR ethnicity OR minorit*
- To look for a phrase use “quotation marks” around your terms:
- “human resource management” will find those words next to each other, instead of anywhere on the page.
- To look for variations of a word, or to look for the singular and plural, use the
- Minor* will find minority or minorities, but it will also find anything about minor or minors.
- Use Parentheses: separate synonyms from others.
- (race OR ethnicity) and coaching