Request instruction for online, hybrid, or face-to-face classes
You pick the service, location, and format.
Research • Citation | One session • Multiple sessions | Short session • Longer session | Online • In person
Mix & match, choose one, choose all... the decision is yours. Embed a librarian today.
Online Research Textbook
Standards & Policies
Tips for planning a research assignment
- Design "applied" assignments.
- Students will find the library assignments more meaningful if they use the retrieved information for a task related to topics covered in the course.
- Teach research strategies where appropriate.
- Students often do not have the research skills that experienced researchers have.
- Provide students with resource lists.
- List specific information sources or types of sources for a particular assignment so that students have a starting point. Remember that many of our scholarly articles are accessible through the Internet, but that they are not necessarily Internet resources.
Last Updated: Dec 11, 2017 4:56 PM