About the Project
The mission of Drake Memorial Library is to organize and provide easy access to information resources which meet the curricular and research needs of our students and faculty. The library, in consultation with the Library Advisory Committee, has identified a process for deselection of outdated and unused materials. We invite The College at Brockport community to provide input as part of our ongoing commitment to assess those materials.
Process for Community Participation
- The College at Brockport community is invited to review the collection evaluation list (available to the left).
- Feedback on the list can be submitted via the Recommend Button.
- The list will be available through the end of each department's designated review period.
- All departments interested in a call number range will have their review periods before the materials will be processed by the library.
- Per the Collection Development Policy (Approved by Library Advisory Committee, April 2014), final disposition of materials rests with the Library.
- As approved by the Library Advisory Committee, the deselection candidate list only includes circulating books that meet the following criteria:
- More than 100 US libraries hold the title
- More than 15 New York State libraries hold the title
- For titles published before 1993, the items have been checked out fewer than 2 times and have fewer than 2 browses
- For titles published between 1993 and 2003 the items have zero charges and zero browses
- Feedback provided for one volume of a title will be applied to the entire title, unless otherwise indicated in your reason for the recommendation.